pre3

kevinpfromnm

Oct 5, 2012, 1:29:10 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
I've run into an odd problem on an app updated from 1.3.  It's not applying changes in the taglibs folder until the server is restarted (in dev mode obviously).  I hadn't noticed until recently as I haven't had much to change in the taglibs.  It's surprisingly not in the config/environments/development.rb as I have an identical one in a test app that's not having the problem.

Running from the master branch of hobo just updated before posting... which triggered a new error on any view.  I also got the same answer when updating the blank app to pre3.

undefined local variable or method `origin' for #<Array:0x00000003e32558>

full trace: https://gist.github.com/3841138
application trace was blank.

environment file: https://gist.github.com/3840921

Bryan Larsen

Oct 5, 2012, 1:42:06 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM, kevinpfromnm <kevinp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've run into an odd problem on an app updated from 1.3. It's not applying
> changes in the taglibs folder until the server is restarted (in dev mode
> obviously). I hadn't noticed until recently as I haven't had much to change
> in the taglibs. It's surprisingly not in the
> config/environments/development.rb as I have an identical one in a test app
> that's not having the problem.

To force a reload of
application.dryml or front_site.dryml, simply touch the dryml file for
your current view. For example, if you touch app/views/foos/show.dryml
and then reload /foos/17, all changed DRYML files that are required by
show.dryml will be reloaded.

> Running from the master branch of hobo just updated before posting... which
> triggered a new error on any view. I also got the same answer when updating
> the blank app to pre3.
>
> undefined local variable or method `origin' for #<Array:0x00000003e32558>

Do you have Hobo/will_paginate in your Gemfile? That's probably
going to be a common enough error that we should probably check early
for that problem.

Bryan

kevinpfromnm

Oct 5, 2012, 2:19:24 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, October 5, 2012 11:42:29 AM UTC-6, Bryan Larsen wrote:
To force a reload of
application.dryml or front_site.dryml, simply touch the dryml file for
your current view. For example, if you touch app/views/foos/show.dryml
and then reload /foos/17, all changed DRYML files that are required by
show.dryml will be reloaded.

Hmm.  That would work, just odd that the test app doesn't have the issue of needing any additional tweaking... or is it because there isn't a custom view for it and it's just the default?

Do you have Hobo/will_paginate in your Gemfile?   That's probably
going to be a common enough error that we should probably check early
for that problem.

gem "will_paginate", :git => "http://github.com/bryanlarsen/will_paginate"

Bryan Larsen

Oct 5, 2012, 2:48:25 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM, kevinpfromnm <kevinp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 5, 2012 11:42:29 AM UTC-6, Bryan Larsen wrote:
>>
>> To force a reload of
>> application.dryml or front_site.dryml, simply touch the dryml file for
>> your current view. For example, if you touch app/views/foos/show.dryml
>> and then reload /foos/17, all changed DRYML files that are required by
>> show.dryml will be reloaded.
>

> Hmm. That would work, just odd that the test app doesn't have the issue of
> needing any additional tweaking... or is it because there isn't a custom
> view for it and it's just the default?

Does the test app have the active reload line in application.dryml?
That was only added to recent generators.

>> Do you have Hobo/will_paginate in your Gemfile? That's probably
>> going to be a common enough error that we should probably check early
>> for that problem.
>

> gem "will_paginate", :git => "http://github.com/bryanlarsen/will_paginate"

You need Hobo/will_paginate for the latest versions of Hobo. We
recently moved our monkey patches to will_paginate out of
will_paginate and into that fork.

Bryan

kevinpfromnm

Oct 5, 2012, 3:12:28 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
No active reload line... it wasn't a newer generation.  Probably around pre1.

So something like: gem "will_paginate", :git => "https://github.com/Hobo/will_paginate.git" then?  Or is there a simpler way to specify it?

Bryan Larsen

Oct 5, 2012, 3:15:19 PM10/5/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM, kevinpfromnm <kevinp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No active reload line... it wasn't a newer generation. Probably around
> pre1.
>
> So something like: gem "will_paginate", :git =>
> "https://github.com/Hobo/will_paginate.git" then? Or is there a simpler way
> to specify it?

that's right.

Bryan