>>> LOE to get to Hobo 1.4 to Rails 3.2.x compatibility?

Owen

Jun 9, 2012, 9:11:04 AM6/9/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Bryan,

Watching a few posts whiz by in the Hobousers group leads me to believe we are not far off. Your thoughts?

Wish I had more cycles to look closely.  Heads down on two more proposals...

Others feel free to chime in!

Cheers,

Owen

Bryan Larsen

Jun 11, 2012, 10:21:05 AM6/11/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
It really doesn't look like it's going to be a huge amount of work,
but it's really hard to estimate since I don't know how much is
broken. I have most of the HoboFields tests running, and Ignacio has
much of the basic infrastructure running. 3.0 -> 3.1 took about 12
months, 3.1 -> 3.2 took about 4 months, so it's quite probable there
are a lot fewer changes.

And most of the 1.4 work occurred because we chose to switch to jQuery
& the asset pipeline, both of which were theoretically optional.
(Although practically the jQuery switchover wasn't optional, the
prototype.js support in Rails is definitely a second class citizen and
is bit rotting).

Hopefully we can carve out some dedicated time to finish the 3.2 port
and put 1.4 to bed.

Bryan