Running Hobo Cookbook locally

Ignacio Huerta

Jan 25, 2013, 4:19:46 PM1/25/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to run the Hobo Cookbook locally. I've made a quick test with
Ruby 1.9 and couldn't make it work, as the documentation states :).

I wouldn't like installing many new gems in my rvm 1.8.7 environment,
because I have some legacy apps which depend on specific gem versions.
Do you have any recommendation for isolating an app: rvm gemsets for
example?

Would it be too much work to make the Cookbook Ruby 1.9 compatible? I've
encountered different errors with passenger, thin and "rails s" so it
looks a bit hard :P.

Regards,
Ignacio

--
Ignacio Huerta Arteche
http://www.ihuerta.net

Bryan Larsen

Jan 25, 2013, 4:46:02 PM1/25/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com
It works with 1.9, I often run locally with 1.9. You might get a
different order for stuff put into a Hash, but that's all.

Bryan
> Teléfono: 0034 645 70 77 35
> Email realizado con software libre

Ignacio Huerta

Jan 26, 2013, 5:16:50 AM1/26/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Larsen
Thanks Bryan!

I tried again with Ruby 1.9 and it works, I was just missing the
config.ru file. If anyone encounters this problem, just create it in the
project root with the following content:

# This file is used by Rack-based servers to start the application.
require ::File.expand_path('../config/environment', __FILE__)
run Hobocookbook::Application

Now let's see if I can improve a bit the slideshow.

Regards,
Ignacio

El 25/01/13 22:46, Bryan Larsen escribi�:
> It works with 1.9, I often run locally with 1.9. You might get a
> different order for stuff put into a Hash, but that's all.
>
> Bryan
>

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Ignacio Huerta <ign...@ihuerta.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to run the Hobo Cookbook locally. I've made a quick test with
>> Ruby 1.9 and couldn't make it work, as the documentation states :).
>>
>> I wouldn't like installing many new gems in my rvm 1.8.7 environment,
>> because I have some legacy apps which depend on specific gem versions. Do
>> you have any recommendation for isolating an app: rvm gemsets for example?
>>
>> Would it be too much work to make the Cookbook Ruby 1.9 compatible? I've
>> encountered different errors with passenger, thin and "rails s" so it looks
>> a bit hard :P.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ignacio
>>
>> --