Testing Hobo 2.0 pre8 - Issue

Owen

Feb 7, 2013, 7:45:00 AM2/7/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com
http://screencast.com/t/231CWHu1

For testing purposes I used the Railsintaller from raiilsinstaller.org, which has Rails 3.2.1.   Installing Hobo brings in rails 3.2.11 as it should.

When I try to create a hobo app I get the following:

I will remove Rails 3.2.1 next to see what happens...

Bryan Larsen

Feb 7, 2013, 9:05:58 AM2/7/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com
We should probably set Hobo to require a minimum of 3.2.11 because of
the security implications.

That being said, it would be nice to avoid the little version hiccups
you experienced. I'm not sure how, though; they are the sorts of
problems that bundler makes go away, but the installer runs before
bundler does.

As far as requiring the devkit for DRYML, the only reason we do that
is to ensure that openssl is included in your Ruby. It's not a gem,
so we can't just add a dependency. StackOverflow came up with the
solution I used:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5830835/how-to-add-openssl-dependency-to-gemspec

There are enough gems that require the devkit that I'm not too worried
about that dependency, though.

Bryan

Owen Dall

Feb 7, 2013, 12:12:16 PM2/7/13
to hob...@googlegroups.com
I hear you.  I'll try to clearly document and test a sequence that won't throw off a new user....
--
-Owen

Owen Dall

Vice President | Chief Technology Officer

Barquin International

www.barquin.com

Office: 202.296.7147 | Mobile: tel:410.991.0811

Fax: 202.296.8903 | email: od...@barquin.com