Testing Hobo 2.0: will_paginate bug?

Ignacio Huerta

Sep 15, 2012, 3:24:49 PM9/15/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
One detail I've seen today in the log:

Error during failsafe response: private method `status_code' called for #<ActionDispatch::ExceptionWrapper:0x00000004887b98>

This provokes that you don't see errors in the browser. The problem was provoked by will_paginate. What's the status of that will_paginate bug? Can it be resolved in the default 2.0 Hobo?

Bryan Larsen

Sep 15, 2012, 4:42:22 PM9/15/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
The workaround is to use github.com/bryanlarsen/will_paginate

https://github.com/mislav/will_paginate/pull/252

The pull request has stagnated for a while. I'm not sure whether our
generators should put that will_paginate into the Gemfile or we should
monkey_patch will_paginate.

also:
https://github.com/mislav/will_paginate/pull/229
https://github.com/mislav/will_paginate/pull/228

These two are required to do ajax pagination.

Bryan

Owen Dall

Sep 15, 2012, 4:52:31 PM9/15/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Can you remind me what pagination tool(s) are we using for LMD/Portal/REEport?  Should we switch at some point?

--

Owen Dall

Vice President | Chief Technology Officer

Barquin International

www.barquin.com

Office: 202.296.7147 | Mobile: tel:410.991.0811

Fax: 202.296.8903 | email: od...@barquin.com

Ignacio Huerta

Sep 16, 2012, 6:58:20 AM9/16/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com

Bryan Larsen

Sep 16, 2012, 9:50:43 AM9/16/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com

It seems to be common practice, but I'm out sure what he etiquette is.