Setting home folder on iOS

Daniel Ross

May 21, 2020, 5:21:51 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary:
I can't find the button to set my home folder on iOS (this is present on Android)

Which version of the app are you using?
iPhone

Which helper version are you using?
Not using helper, vlc is streaming from an rpi.

Confused Vorlon

May 21, 2020, 5:40:23 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi - I'm not sure what function you're referring to here.
Also - you mention streaming. Are you asking about VLC Remote or VLC Streamer?

Daniel Ross

May 21, 2020, 5:45:24 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Wow, super quick response, thanks.

Using VLC Remote to control vlc on my rpi.

I have the app installed on iOS and Android devices. The Android version allows me to set a custom HOME folder.

I cannot find this feature isn't on iOS.

Confused Vorlon

May 21, 2020, 6:39:39 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
can you send me a screenshot of the android feature you're talking about?

Daniel Ross

May 21, 2020, 7:32:31 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Attached.
signal-attachment-2020-05-21-122642.jpeg

Confused Vorlon

May 21, 2020, 8:48:42 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
not sure what app that is, but it isn't VLC Remote!

Daniel Ross

May 21, 2020, 9:01:56 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Quite right, it's VLC Mobile Remote, not VLC Remote.

Apologies.

Could VLC Remote get the option?

Confused Vorlon

May 21, 2020, 9:19:35 AM5/21/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
no - VLC Remote just assumes the home location and remembers the last place you browsed.

I think that's a much cleaner answer
(it does work less well on Linux - but that's a tiny percentage of the user base)