RCB Not working with external drives

Tim Coumbe

May 6, 2015, 2:01:34 PM5/6/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
Problem summary:
Not working with external drives.

What are the steps to produce the issue?
Right click in an external drive finder window

What did you expect to happen?
Right click Booster contextual menu options to appear

What actually happens?
Right click Booster contextual menu options not appearing for external drives

Which version of the app are you using?
MacOS Yosemite 10.10.3
Right Click Booster 1.2

Confused Vorlon

May 7, 2015, 4:32:59 AM5/7/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

thanks for the report - someone else noticed this too.

I'm not sure offhand why this happens, but I have logged it and will investigate in the next upgrade round.

in the meantime - if you're enjoying the app, please do leave a review on the App Store. There are precious few at the moment!

thanks.

Michael J Kormendy

Jun 17, 2015, 9:39:43 AM6/17/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
So, it's been about a month and a half, any updates on this?

Confused Vorlon

Jun 17, 2015, 5:44:31 PM6/17/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
nothing I'm afraid. It is still in the bug list, but I haven't done any work on RCB since your report.
I'm afraid it is one of my small apps, so it doesn't get very regular work.

Michael J Kormendy

Jul 12, 2015, 11:41:42 PM7/12/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
Any chance I could offer some incentive to work on it? :-)

Confused Vorlon

Jul 13, 2015, 9:00:59 AM7/13/15
to hobbyist-so...@googlegroups.com
what do you have in mind ?

Jerry D

Aug 9, 2015, 7:28:22 PM8/9/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
It's not just external. Any drive that is not the main boot drive does not show RCB options.

Michael J Kormendy

Aug 9, 2015, 8:42:28 PM8/9/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Can you open source the app so that someone else can fix the issues?

Confused Vorlon

Aug 10, 2015, 7:56:26 PM8/10/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
I won't be doing that I'm afraid. I hope to make some money from this eventually!

Michael J Kormendy

Aug 10, 2015, 11:07:40 PM8/10/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
How do I completely uninstall this software?

Confused Vorlon

Aug 11, 2015, 6:10:20 AM8/11/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
1) disable the finder extension
2) delete it from the apps folder

Confused Vorlon

Aug 19, 2015, 7:54:49 AM8/19/15
to Hobbyist Software Forum
looks like this is a fairly easy fix. I have it working now (though it takes up to a minute to spot new drives).

this will work when/if Apple approve an update. They have been incredibly difficult about this app in the past, so no promises on how long that might take.

Tassos Kolydas

Nov 24, 2016, 11:50:40 AM11/24/16
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Has Apple approved the update? It's been over a year and I seem to have the same issue with RCB version 1.3.
I enabled spotlight (which I had turned off for external drives) in case it had something to do with it. No luck.

Confused Vorlon

Nov 28, 2016, 4:22:13 AM11/28/16
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi,

They approved the update a couple of days after my last post. I'm afraid I can't see why it isn't working.

I'll log a bug and investigate.

thanks for the report.

Nic Recalde

Feb 15, 2022, 3:29:29 PM2/15/22
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Is this bug still active? Also having trouble using RCB on external and network drives.

Pam Kamphuis

Dec 16, 2023, 1:52:19 PM12/16/23
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Any help on this?