Dynamic Wallpaper Maker requires 16 images, but...

Mike Conley

Jun 9, 2020, 12:28:57 PM6/9/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary:

Dynamic Wallpaper Maker requires 16 images, but, for example, the Catalina dynamic desktop file has only 8. Apparently this has something to do with using a particular tag in the image file. Any chance Dynamic Wallpaper Maker will be updated to support this?

What are the steps to produce the issue?

Open the default Catalina dynamic desktop file in Preview and extract the 8 individual images from it. Load these into Dynamic Wallpaper Maker. Click the Make Wallpaper button.

What did you expect to happen?

I expect a new dynamic desktop image file.

What actually happens?

I get an error message from DW explaining that I need 16 images.

Which version of the app are you using?
(iPhone, iPad, Android - which version)

Version 1.1 (5) for macOS. (By the way, the app is Dynamic Wallpaper Maker, but the About menu item reads 'Dynamic Wallpaper Builder'.)

Which helper version are you using?
(Mac, Windows - which version)

Not sure what this means.

Confused Vorlon

Jun 9, 2020, 1:03:11 PM6/9/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi Mike,

I don't have any immediate plans to update the app at the moment, but I have added your suggestion to my list.

thanks.

Confused Vorlon

Jul 7, 2020, 11:31:26 AM7/7/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
I'm uploading a new build now which gets you there.
You can now leave some images blank, and they'll just be ignored.

You can also duplicate images in different positions. They'll still work in both places, but only one copy of the image is saved in the wallpaper.

The catalina desktop actually does this. If you open it up, you'll see 10 images. That's actually 8 different ones, with two repeated.

Apple typically take a day or three to approve updates, so look out for version 1.2