Apple watch functionality removed?

Micheal Harding

Aug 18, 2018, 12:32:28 PM8/18/18
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary:

A number of updates ago vlc remote disappeared from my apple watch.
I have reinstalled the app several times no luck.

What are the steps to produce the issue?

What did you expect to happen?

What actually happens?

Which version of the app are you using?
(iPhone, iPad, Android - which version)

10.2(94)

Which helper version are you using?
(Mac, Windows - which version)

Ios 12 beta (5)
Apple watch ios 3

Confused Vorlon

Aug 19, 2018, 2:32:06 PM8/19/18
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Sadly, apple brought in a new rule that if you release an update to an app, you can no longer include an Apple watch app which was written in the original style

Options are to remove the app, or to rewrite in the new system

Sadly, the Apple watch app got minimal usage, so a rewrite didn't make financial sense and I had to remove the old one.

Sorry

Guruka Singh

Nov 5, 2018, 11:16:26 AM11/5/18
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Well, perhaps demand for the Watch VLC Remote app will increase as the Watch sales keep increasing. Although we're a small sample here, I too loved and used the Watch version of VLC Remote every day. <sigh>

Anthony Marsala

Nov 4, 2021, 1:38:03 PM11/4/21
to Hobbyist Software Forum

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to see an Apple Watch app that at least I can start stop playback without having to hunt for my iPhone, unlock, find the app... Alternatively, can the app have a start/stop button on the iPhone lock screen? That would help.

Confused Vorlon

Nov 5, 2021, 6:00:58 AM11/5/21
to Hobbyist Software Forum
You should be able to get the notification widget to show on your lock screen