Search bar vanished in Iphone app

Brendan Hinman

Dec 16, 2019, 3:02:51 PM12/16/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary:
I updated the app on my Iphone 6S+ and now I can't search in titles

What are the steps to produce the issue?
Open the app, select a source, and see that when you pull scroll up you only get the "pull to refresh" function, not a search bar

What did you expect to happen?
There used to be a search bar at the top that would search for titles.

What actually happens?

Which version of the app are you using?
Iphone, 4.7,

Which helper version are you using?
Windows, 5.37

Thanks for any help!

Confused Vorlon

Dec 16, 2019, 4:24:38 PM12/16/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi Brendan,

You're absolutely right. What happened is that an update to iOS 13 broke the old way that search worked and caused it to crash.

As a quick fix, I removed the search bars.
I'm doing a bunch of updating on both VLC Streamer and VLC Remote which will see the search bars return - but it's a pretty involved bit of work, so it may be a month or two before they return.

my apologies for the inconvenience

Brendan Hinman

Dec 16, 2019, 4:28:01 PM12/16/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Thanks for the super quick reply!
And, hey, thanks for taking the time, I definitely prefer to wait months for something that functions than days for something that breaks the whole business!

Jorge Garza

Jul 23, 2020, 12:39:38 PM7/23/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
any news about the search bar?
thanks

Confused Vorlon

Jul 23, 2020, 12:57:51 PM7/23/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
nothing to report I'm afraid.

This is on my list, but I have been working on other projects for quite a while...