Since iOS 14.0.1, tested on iPad or iPhone, when i pause my move, go to another app, go back, then the movie cannot resume.

Guido Kaeslin

Oct 4, 2020, 4:05:01 AM10/4/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary:

What are the steps to produce the issue?
1. I play an already streamed movie (mkv-file 2GB
2. I go to another App

What did you expect to happen?
The movie resume to play, like this happens before - on iOS 13.x

What actually happens?
Looks like freezed. The movie cannot resume to the point where I stopped the movie
Workaround: I close this movie with the button left-above, and choose the movie again, then the movie resume

Which version of the app are you using?
(iPhone, iPad, Android - which version)
iPad Pro and iPhone 11. I can reproduce it on both, with every kind of movie

Which helper version are you using?
(Mac, Windows - which version)
Windows 10, Version 2004 (Build 19041.508)
VLCStreamer Helper, Version 5.41 Built on 19.06.2020 13:21:32
VLCStreamer, Version 6.20 (177), Build Sep 22 2020 19:01:23

Confused Vorlon

Oct 9, 2020, 5:06:22 AM10/9/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum

sorry about the slow response.
I'm tied up with other apps at the moment, but just wanted to let you know I have seen this and will get to it.

also - excellent bug report. I appreciate it.

Confused Vorlon

Oct 14, 2020, 9:45:46 AM10/14/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
I have been working on this today.

The only way I can recreate the issue actually involves an additional step:

1. I play an already streamed movie (mkv-file 2GB
2. I go to another App
2a. I close the PIP (picture in picture) player

I have fixed this and will upload shortly. Can you confirm that this is the same bug you reported?

In my case, if I skip step 2a, then restoration works correctly.

thanks.

Guido Kaeslin

Oct 15, 2020, 1:18:42 PM10/15/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Youre right, but only for iPhones. And in another way it freezes too.

iPhone:
1. I play an already streamed movie (mkv-file 2GB)
2. I press Break (or double-tab)
3. I slide the app away (when I break before, then no PIP comes and the App stops)
4. I open VLCStreamer again, press the Play-Button (or double-tab), nothing works, no error-message, looks like freeze/hang

iPad Pro (with home-button):
1. I play an already streamed movie (mkv-file 2GB)
2. I press the home-button (VLCStreamer stops the movie)
3. I open VLCStreamer again, press the play-button (or double-tab), nothing works, no error-message, looks like freeze/hang

I can reproduse this with every kind of streamed movie.

Guido Kaeslin

Oct 16, 2020, 3:06:05 PM10/16/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hey, today i realised, you create an update for iPads on the 14th. Thanks! But the issue is still the same. For me its not a big thing and you dont have to resolve it in a week ... kr, Guido

BTW: I use VLCStreamer dayly to look my movies, can i send you some money? Ex by PayPal? For me its much more worth then the 3 bucks I payd years ago ...

Confused Vorlon

Oct 20, 2020, 1:17:26 PM10/20/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Perhaps I'm not clear on exactly what you're meaning by 'already streamed movie'

do you think you could share a video of the process?

Guido Kaeslin

Oct 20, 2020, 3:28:22 PM10/20/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
When I drag a movie to the streamer helper, then he start to proceed until 100 percent. But you can look the movie before he is at 100 percent. I mean only, that the helper has finished the movie.

Guido Kaeslin

Oct 20, 2020, 3:29:57 PM10/20/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
You have to try with an iPad

Confused Vorlon

Oct 20, 2020, 5:12:27 PM10/20/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
that's exactly what I have been testing with.