VLC remote by bluetooth only

Phil_Good

Nov 9, 2023, 1:28:33 PM11/9/23
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Good morning, I want to use VLC Remote via Bluetooth only, without a WiFi connection because I want to control the music through my phone on the computer in any location (without WiFi connection).
How is this possible to do? Thanks in advance

Confused Vorlon

Nov 9, 2023, 4:56:59 PM11/9/23
to Hobbyist Software Forum
That's not specifically supported - but if you can set up bluetooth so that it provides a network connection (which should be possible) then VLC Remote should be able to connect over that network.

Phil_Good

Nov 12, 2023, 3:42:51 AM11/12/23
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi, thanks . I succeeded in creating a mobile access point from the phone, connected the pc to wifi and paired bluetooth. VLC Remote works perfectly!