iOS - set default subtitle to disabled?

Stern

Nov 24, 2020, 5:48:56 PM11/24/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hello,

Is there a way to set the default subtitle option in the iOS app to disable subtitles regardless of whether it finds subtitle streams or not? I have quite a few files on my PC which I stream to my iPad and some have embedded subtitles and some don't. Usually I don't actually want the subtitles and would rather opt-in than opt-out for it to use any subtitles it finds.

Is this possible? I know in the helper app you can disable subtitles but this only seems to apply to files converted on the helper directly rather than via that iOS app.

Thanks!

Confused Vorlon

Nov 24, 2020, 6:26:11 PM11/24/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi,

if you set the helper to disable subtitles, that should do the job.

open the 'add movies' tab
click 'advanced conversion settings'
make sure 'show subtitles' is not selected