Distorted image

Jonathan

Jul 8, 2019, 10:37:38 PM7/8/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
I have no trouble steaming videos from my Windows 10 PC to my 2018 model iPad, but for some movies the image constantly becomes distorted when cutting from one image to another. It never happens during a continuous shot, but only when cutting from one shot to a new one. The problem happens with mp4 files, but other mp4s play fine too. I attached an example image - it’s like a ghost of the previous shot remains while the motion from the new image cuts through it. I can’t find reference to this in the troubleshooting, has anybody experienced this?

Thanks,
Jonathan
9A4F17E2-D153-4939-8A7A-E6491E9D10AE.png

Jonathan

Jul 10, 2019, 12:10:56 PM7/10/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Changing bitrate and transmission speed to "Normal" from "Low" (the default?) resolved the problem. Thanks to Rob for helping me with this!

Jonathan

Confused Vorlon

Aug 6, 2019, 5:50:08 AM8/6/19
to Hobbyist Software Forum
glad this is sorted.
I'll check what the default setting is.

Stern

Nov 24, 2020, 5:50:36 PM11/24/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Is this the only fix? I've had this issue too on quite a few files and I've started looking around for other streamer apps that don't have this issue because of it. Aside from that I love vlc streamer

Confused Vorlon

Nov 24, 2020, 6:33:18 PM11/24/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
distortion when cutting scene is caused when the encoder isn't able to 'keep up' with the changes.

you'll have to use a higher quality encoding setting to get rid of that
specifically, you want to increase the bitrate for a given size

(and of course - there are a gazillion wierdnesses about exactly when VLC might have an issue with a specific file)

I dont' have any other ideas I'm afraid