Deleted video restore

Goro

Aug 30, 2020, 2:26:36 PM8/30/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Problem summary: I accidentally deleted some graduation videos from the vlc streamer on mac by clicking the delete button in the app, if I am not wrong, these are the videos stored by vlc streamer and not the original videos. I am trying to see if by deleting these videos in the app is the same as deleting it through the trash so I can see if there is a way to recover them.

Which version of the app are you using?
(iPhone, iPad, Android - which version)
iPhone

Which helper version are you using?
(Mac, Windows - which version)
Mac

Confused Vorlon

Aug 30, 2020, 4:51:29 PM8/30/20
to Hobbyist Software Forum
Hi,

I'm afraid the converted videos don't go to trash when you delete them, so there isn't a restore mechanism unless you have some backup solution.

also - as you say, the converted videos are not the same as the originals - so deleting in VLC Streamer won't effect the original.

cheers.