iPad/iPhone apps for kids?

Sam Livingston-Gray

Dec 27, 2011, 3:06:21 PM12/27/11
to hn-pa...@googlegroups.com
A friend of mine teaches ESL/ELL/whatever you call "English for kids
who didn't learn English first" for grades K-8. She recently got an
iPad at work, and said she's really enjoying using it to demonstrate
vocabulary words in small-group work. She also takes it home to use
with her kids (3 1/2 and 6 months), and has an iPhone as well.

I no longer have an iPad, and my daughter has mostly lost interest in
my iPhone these days, so I thought I'd pass the question along to
y'all. Any must-have apps?

Thanks,
-Sam

Niels Olson

Dec 27, 2011, 3:17:14 PM12/27/11
to hn-pa...@googlegroups.com
SkySafari might be good as a quick path to a common interest, the skys
are latin where ever you are. RC Plane 2: minimal language required.
NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day. Math Blaster. Rocket Math. Dragon
Dictation? Guitar Pro. Garage Band. Sketchbook, Sketchpad, Quill.
Kindle. My wife works with kids, I'll ask her. I know they
collaborated with a developer on at least one project...