career day presentation

Jeremy

May 8, 2012, 11:46:16 AM5/8/12
to HN Parents
I'm scheduled to speak to the fourth grade classes at my daughters'
school this Friday. I'm allowed to bring a powerpoint slide show but
not much else in way of materials. I'm allotted 20 minutes of time. I
have a general outline of how I'm going to handle the presentation but
I thought I'd check in here (prompted by Joshua's post this week,
really) and ask for suggestions of things I need to make sure I
mention or areas that I should avoid.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy

May 8, 2012, 11:52:20 AM5/8/12
to hn-pa...@googlegroups.com
Just realized that one of my rewrites removed the topic. Doh! Anyway, I'll be trying to convince these young minds that computer programming is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Matt Murphy

May 8, 2012, 11:55:01 AM5/8/12
to hn-pa...@googlegroups.com
In my opinion, programming is a lot like playing with Legos.  I feel like I get to play with Legos all day, but not just the normal blocks, really awesome ones.