Shop at HMT March 12 & Help Ukraine!

House of Musical Traditions

Mar 6, 2022, 4:14:49 PM3/6/22
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

Like many of you, we have been looking for ways to help the people of Ukraine during this terrible conflict. A local contact of ours with connections in Ukraine recommended the Tabletochki Foundation, a charity in Kyiv that helps child cancer patients and their families receive medical care and assistance. Though there are other important causes helping with humanitarian efforts and refugee aid, this war will have long-term impacts on families, medical care, and children’s health - especially with attacks on hospitals. This vetted organization will continue their mission in the aftermath of this conflict.

HMT will be donating 10% of our sales totals on Saturday, March 12 (in-store, through http://hmtrad.com and our Reverb store), plus an additional $500, to Tabletochki. Please join us in supporting them by making a purchase with us on that day, spreading the word, and/or donating directly. Thank you!

More announcements:

Starting Tuesday March 8, in accordance with improving COVID metrics in Montgomery County, masks will now be suggested - but not required - to be worn inside the store. Many of our staff members are choosing to continue wearing masks. Customers may wear a mask or not, depending on their preference. We are continuing to frequently sanitize surfaces, cleaning instruments after being played, and are encouraging frequent hand-washing in the store. We are also providing curbside or car-side service to customers who prefer not to enter the store (just call us when you arrive) - and are continuing to offer local delivery for orders and repairs.

We are still processing a large number of used instruments for sale from various estate acquisitions. It's never been a better time to visit the store - we have tons of wonderful inventory, and great deals on some barely-used and high-quality vintage instruments. See our New Arrivals collection for the latest; there's even more in the store not yet listed online.

Upcoming Workshops & Group Classes with School of Musical Traditions:

- Free Biweekly Old-Time Jam: every other Thursday at SMT's Rockville location, 7-8pm. Next jams March 17 & 31. Pre-registration required, as capacity is limited.

- Beyond the Bodhran: Modern Celtic Percussion & Celtic Culture with Scott Morrison. Saturday March 19, 1-3pm at SMT Rockville.

- Online Ukulele Classes w/Maureen Andary: Saturdays starting April 2 (4 sessions). Choose Beginner Ukulele (2-3pm) or Intermediate Ukulele: Riffs & Right Hand Magic (3-4pm). Held on Zoom.

Institute of Musical Traditions Concerts (all at Saint Mark Presbyterian in Rockville):

- Liam Purcell & Cane Mill Road, March 12 @ 7pm
- Le Vent du Nord, March 13 @ 5:30pm
- Tannahill Weavers, March 28 @ 7pm
- Alasdair Fraser & Natalie Haas, April 23
Visit imtfolk.org for detailed information on COVID policies and ticketing.

The open mic at Sandy Spring Museum in Olney, MD continues every Tuesday at 7pm. Sponsored by Institute of Musical Traditions and hosted by rob Hinkal. Pre-registration for both performers and audience is required - register through the museum website

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram