Takoma Dinky Line event this Saturday - get 10% off!

House of Musical Traditions

Apr 17, 2024, 12:50:26 PMApr 17
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

This Saturday, April 20 - tour & shop Main Street Takoma for the Dinky Line event! Walk the former route of the Dinky Line Trolley for sales, drink specials and to play Detective Dinky. Find hidden toy trolleys at businesses along the route to get your ticket stamped and enter to win a Shop Takoma Gift Card. When you get your ticket stamped at HMT, you'll get 10% off your purchase of non-consigned merchandise! More information

This month, we're featuring our hammered dulcimer department! We have a large selection in stock, with even more coming up soon from a big estate collection. See our current stock here, which includes new Dusty Strings models, and used dulcimers by Dusty, Masterworks, James Jones, Sam Rizzetta and more. We also rent hammered dulcimers if you want to try one out.

Upcoming classes, workshops, jams & concerts with School of Musical Traditions:
Celtic Class with Ellen Gira starts TONIGHT for 6 weeks - open to all instruments
- Takoma Old Time Jam TONIGHT at Busboys & Poets Takoma, hosted by Jonathan Vocke & Rachel Eddy. Starts at 7:30pm, slow jam for first half hour.
- Balfolk Dance Sessions: April 17, May 15 & June 19
Concert: Jesse Milnes, Becky Hill & Ben Nelson (old-time music & dance), Sunday April 21
- Old Time String Band class w/Jonathan Vocke starts April 24 (3 sessions)
- Bluegrass Repertoire Workshop w/Justin Heath, April 28
- Blues Guitar in Drop D Tuning w/Eleanor Ellis, June 6
Bluegrass Slow Jam w/Cherry Blossom Special, 2nd & 4th Thursdays
DC Sing-Along w/Josh Korr, June 1
Get Yer Lonesome On Bluegrass Jam w/Ira Gitlin & Mary Naden, 4th Mondays
Takoma Spark Open Mic, every Tuesday 7pm

All above events held at SMT, 7112 Willow Ave, Takoma Park, MD

Institute of Musical Traditions Concerts:
JigJam (Irish/Bluegrass fusion), Thursday April 25 at St. Mark Presbyterian, Rockville MD
Caña Dulce & Caña Brava (traditional music, dance & poetry of Veracruz, Mexico), Monday May 13 @ St. Mark Presbyterian

Come visit our festival booth at the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival, Saturday April 27 in St. Leonard, MD! https://www.cssm.org/

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram