Takoma Porch & Used Book Sale May 14

House of Musical Traditions

Apr 25, 2022, 1:11:43 PM4/25/22
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from HMT!

Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 14 for Takoma Porch! This homegrown music festival is returning after a 2-year hiatus. Live music will be happening on a walkable route around Takoma Park on porches, lawns, at HMT and the Gazebo. Visit http://takomaporch.net for the schedule & route.

Outside HMT, we'll have:
- 2-3pm: Oldgrass Stringband (bluegrass & old-time)
- 3pm: Oldgrass Stringband leads an open jam. Bring your instrument, all are welcome!
- 4-6pm: Orchester Praževica (Eastern Block Party - Slavic jazz, Gypsy music, TurboFolk)
We will also have bins upon bins of used music books on sale! Come and browse - great deals on a wide range of instructional & tune books for all kinds of instruments.

Upcoming group classes & workshops with School of Musical Traditions (click on links for more info):

- Old-Time Jam every other Thursday at SMT's Rockville location. Next jams May 5 & 18, 7-8pm. Free, but pre-registration is required.
- Learn To Sing w/Nick Cameron: Wednesdays starting 4/27 (4 sessions), 8-9pm in Takoma Park.
- Introduction to Didgeridoo w/Scott Morrison: Sat. April 30, 1-3pm, held outside HMT. In case of inclement weather, the workshop will be held virtually on Zoom.
- *Online* Continuing Didgeridoo w/Scott Morrison: Sundays, May 8, 15 & 22, 1-2pm. Held on Zoom.
- *Online* Introduction to Bodhran w/Scott Morrison: Sundays, May 8, 15 & 22, 2-3pm. Held on Zoom.
- *Online* Intermediate Bodhran w/Scott Morrison:  Sundays, May 8, 15 & 22, 3-4pm. Held on Zoom.

We are continuing to get in a wide variety of used instruments and gear, thanks in part to the acquisition of several large estate collections. Recent intakes include a big collection of recording studio gear (mics, monitors, mixers), several sitars, high-quality conga & bongo sets, viola da gambas and much more. We're still catching up with our online listings so it's a great time to plan a visit to see what we have!

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram