Lots of used instruments, Breedlove discounts, workshops & concerts

House of Musical Traditions

Sep 29, 2023, 4:22:15 PM9/29/23
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

Fall is here, and we have lots to tell you about discounts, sneak peeks on used instruments, and many special events, including deals for discounted tickets.

Used Instruments:
We have quite a few new acquisitions of all kinds! Listings are going up on our used page, and several more will be going live over the weekend, including:
- Nechville Meteor electric banjo, $1799
- Rich & Taylor JD Crowe banjo, $2,699
- Dobro 5-string Dojo, $1299
- J.A. Sloane foldable banjo, $1399
- Gold Tone Banjola Deluxe, $535
- Joe Foley Irish Bouzouki, $2599
- Weber Gallatin Mandola, $2999
- 1996 Gibson F5G mandolin, $2799
- nearly new Guild F-512 12-string, $3000

Breedlove ECO Guitar Instant Rebates:
From October 1st through the end of the year, take $100 off any Breedlove ECO series guitar! These feature sustainably harvested woods, striking appearances and great playability at incredible price points - sale prices start at only $325! See all of our in-stock Breedloves here.

Rental instrument specials:
Our 2-month trial period special for band & orchestra instrument rentals continues through the end of October. Most instruments rent for only $15 for the first two months! Low monthly rates thereafter, with rent to own options. Get started at our rental portal.

School of Musical Traditions workshops, classes & events (want to get more frequent notices about these? Email les...@schoolofmusicaltraditions.com to get on their list):
- Workshop: Fusing the Music from China to Appalachia & Beyond with Cathy Fink, Marcy Marxer & Chao Tian, October 15
- DC Sing-Along with Josh Korr, October 21
- Old Time workshops & concert November 18: banjo w/Lydia Sylvia Martin, mandolin w/Emily Martin, mountain dulcimer w/Jonah Giuliano
- Bluegrass Slow Jam w/Cherry Blossom Special, 2nd & 4th Thursdays
- Get Yer Lonesome On! Bluegrass Jam w/Ira Gitlin & Mary Naden, every 4th Monday
- Irish Session w/Corned Beef Hash, Dec 7
- Youth Fiddle Club, 4th Mondays
- Takoma SPARK open mic, every Tuesday hosted by rob Hinkal
All above events are held at SMT's facility at 7112 Willow Ave, Takoma Park, MD

The Takoma Park Street Festival is this Sunday, October 1st! Come on out for incredible music on 3 stages along Carroll Ave, and 165 craft & food vendors. We'll have our festival booth on Carroll Ave, and the shop will be open as usual from 11-5. Be aware of road closures and limited parking in the area (more here). Full info & schedule here.

Institute of Musical Traditions concerts at St. Mark Presbyterian, Rockville MD (full details and tickets at http://imtfolk.org):
- October 6: Nicol-Brown Amateur Invitational Bagpipe Contest Judges' Recital
- October 7: Nicol-Brown Amateur Invitational Bagpipe Contest
- October 13: From China to Appalachia - Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer w/Chao Tian
- October 20: Alasdair Fraser & Natalie Haas
- October 23: Tannahill Weavers
- November 6: ilyAIMY & Ayreheart

Other area concerts:
- Magpie: a 50th Anniversary Celebration - 10/14 at The Barns at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- Washington Performing Arts concerts feature exciting artist collaborations, commissions, and premieres on our city’s premier stages. HMT email subscribers save 20% on tickets to concerts with violinist Paul Huang, pianist Helen Huang, and The Percussion Collective (Oct. 19); Grammy-nominated violinist Avi Avital and classical accordionist Hanzi Wang (Oct. 21); and pianist Mahani Teave (Oct. 28) with code TRAD20 online here, or at (202) 785-9727. (limit 2, expires 10/10).

Lastly, the Maryland Renaissance Festival continues weekends through 10/22. Purchase tickets at http://rennfest.com. Look out for our annual "Dust, Dent & Ding sale after the festival ends!

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram