Sales on Breedloves, Sitars, $1 Books; now taking Afterpay!

House of Musical Traditions

Jun 7, 2022, 5:36:14 PM6/7/22
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from HMT!

A few announcements of sales and a new financing option:

Through the end of September, Breedlove is offering instant rebate discounts on their entire line of ECO guitars! Get $50 off Discovery series (now starting as low as $399), $75 off all-mahogany Rainforest series, and $100 off the Pursuit Exotic series - featuring beautiful Myrtlewood, a range of eye-catching finishes, plus 12-strings, basses and more. Lower-priced guitars have always used laminate-wood backs & sides to keep costs down, but the ECO line replaces the tone-robbing softwood usually found in these laminates with a layer of sustainably-harvested African mahogany. You will notice the difference in tone. Like all new Breedlove guitars, no clear-cut wood is used - and that resonates with us! Shop the ECO series online or stop in - we've got over 2 dozen models to choose from.

Have you been thinking about a sitar, tanpura or set of tabla drums? We've recently acquired several of these Indian instruments from a couple different estates, and have put many of them on sale at 20% off! Browse the sale collection here.

USED BOOK TENT SALE - Saturday June 18, 11-7
We've still got a big collection of used music books to clear out - most of them are now marked down to only $1! Come browse the bins in our parking lot on June 18 (or stop in any other time). There's books for guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, uke, piano, percussion, songbooks and more, in a wide range of styles.

Did you know that June is Accordion Awareness Month? It's true! Hopefully you're *aware* that we have the area's biggest selection of new & used piano accordions, button accordions and concertinas, plus a wide range of accessories, repair parts and books. Check out our Accordion Room online here.

We're also pleased to announce that we're now offering Afterpay for in-store purchases over $300! This allows you to split your purchase total into 4 equal payments over 6 weeks. There is no interest or fees as long as you make payments on time. The application is quick & easy; just requires contact info and a credit/debit card. If you'd like to use Afterpay at the store, you can save time by downloading the Afterpay app on your smartphone and setting up your account in advance.

Finally, some School of Musical Traditions announcements: SMT's group class schedule is slowing down a bit over the summer, but you can still register yourself or your child for summer private lessons. Lessons are offered both virtually and in-person at SMT's Rockville and Takoma Park locations on a wide range of instruments.
- The next free Old-Time jam will be held Thursday June 30, 7pm at SMT's Rockville site. Register here.
- Saturday, July 9: Play Party Games Workshop & Concert with Deborah Payne & Sam Gleaves. Attend the workshop at 4pm and/or the concert at 7pm at SMT's Rockville site. Learn play-party games from Appalachia and the Georgia Sea Islands.

Takoma Groove Camp is also still taking camper registrations for this summer. This fun camp for musical teens is back to meeting in person. More info at takomagroovecamp.com

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram