July 4th details, lots of sales & workshop/concert announcements

House of Musical Traditions

Jun 30, 2022, 1:19:47 PM6/30/22
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from HMT!

July 4th announcements:
- We're putting a wide range of used instruments on sale at 15-20% off, through July 5th! Browse our reverb.com store for sale listings, but sale prices will be honored in-store as well.
- We're open regular hours this weekend, and on Monday July 4th we'll be open from approximately 12-2pm, after the Takoma Park parade passes down Carroll Ave. We recommend calling before you visit just to make sure we're still open. See this page for alternate directions to our parking lot to avoid road closures.
- Evening celebration: in lieu of fireworks, there will be an evening celebration at the Takoma Park Community Center, featuring live music from the TP Community Band, Proverbs Reggae, Sweet Saludos, and The Nighthawks. Plus fire spinning, food trucks, kids activities and more. Info on all the July 4th events can be found at takomapark4th.org

Other continuing sales:
- Breedlove ECO guitars are up to $100 off, through September. Browse our extensive inventory here.
- Select sitars, tanpuras and tabla drums are 20% off
- A big selection of used music books are as low as $1!

More exciting inventory:
- We've restocked lots of Hedwitschak Bodhrans & accessories. The buzz is definitely out about these professional-quality drums. We are the exclusive US distributor and items are selling quickly.
- We have a vintage harpsichord for sale! See details here and spread the word if you know anyone who might be in the market for one.

School of Musical Traditions announcements:
- The next free Old-Time jam will be held Thursday June 30, 7pm at SMT's Rockville site. Register here. The jam meets every other Thursday.
- Saturday, July 9: Play Party Games Workshop & Concert with Deborah Payne & Sam Gleaves. Attend the workshop at 4pm and/or the concert at 7pm at SMT's Rockville site. Learn play-party games from Appalachia and the Georgia Sea Islands.
- Beginner Guitar Class w/Noah Gitlis starts July 13 in Takoma Park (3 sessions). Geared for adult & high school learners starting at the very beginning.
- Private lessons are offered both virtually and in-person at SMT's Rockville and Takoma Park locations on a wide range of instruments. Browse options and start an inquiry at schoolofmusicaltraditions.com

Registration is still open for CCE Potomac's MAD Week (Irish Musical Arts & Dance Week), July 18-22. Click here for details on the workshops. Institute of Musical Traditions is co-presenting the faculty concert on July 20 at the Berman Center in Rockville MD. Click here for details/tickets.

The annual Strathmore UkeFest is August 13-17. Get full info here on classes, concerts & jams with an exciting lineup of esteemed faculty. Scholarships are also available. HMT is proud to once again be a sponsor of this wonderful festival.

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram