Instrument Donations for Tornado Relief & Holiday Announcements

House of Musical Traditions

Dec 17, 2021, 5:06:49 PM12/17/21
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

By now you have probably seen news of the level of devastation from the recent tornadoes in KY, AR, TN & MO. Among those who have lost everything in these areas are musicians, music students and school music programs. The WoodSongs Old-Time Radio Hour is organizing the collection and distribution of instrument donations to help replace lost/damaged instruments for these folks. If you have an instrument you'd like to donate, drop it off at HMT anytime during our open hours (specifying tornado relief donations) and we will foot the shipping cost to get it to the distribution center in KY. Instruments of all types are accepted, as long as they are in decent playable condition. If you are shopping at HMT and want to purchase an extra pack of strings/reeds or something else for this effort, we'll ship those items too. More information, including how to make a financial donation or where to ship instruments directly if you're not in our area can be found at https://www.woodsongs.com/tornado/

Holiday Hours:
Our regular store hours are Sunday & Monday 11-5, Tuesday through Saturday 11-7. Exceptions coming up are:
- December 24: 11-5
- December 25: CLOSED
- December 31: 11-5
- January 1: CLOSED

As a reminder: the health & safety of our customers and staff is of utmost importance. Masks are required for all inside the store. Customers will be asked to wash their hands before handling instruments. And we are cleaning/sanitizing surfaces frequently. If you prefer not to enter the store, we are providing curbside/car-side service. Call us when you arrive at the parking lot and we'll come out to you. We are also continuing to offer local delivery for orders and repairs, for a $20 fee within a 20-mile radius of Takoma Park. This can also be a great option if you're just too busy to get over to the store!

We still have lots of great inventory available! Need some holiday gift inspiration? Browse our Holiday Gift Collection here. These are some of our most popular items that are in-stock, ready to ship or pick up at the store. Feel free to call, email or visit to get guidance from our expert staff on selecting the perfect gift for the musical person in your life. And you can also never go wrong with an HMT Gift Card! School of Musical Traditions also offers e-gift cards that can be used for lessons & group classes/workshops.

Speaking of workshops, here's what's coming up!

- FREE Biweekly Old-Time Jam - every other Thursday at SMT's Rockville location. Next dates with registration links: January 6 & January 20
- *Online* - Ukulele: Holiday Edition w/Maureen Andary - 12/18
Youth Oldtime Stringband w/Jonathan Vocke - begins 1/13
(6 sessions; Takoma Park)
Intro to Tenor Banjo/Mandolin w/David McKindley-Ward - begins 1/16 (4 sessions; Takoma Park)
Sea Shanty & Ballad Singing w/David McKindley-Ward - begins 1/16 (4 sessions, Takoma Park)
Accompaniment on Bouzouki & Guitar w/David McKindley-Ward - begins 1/16 (4 sessions, Takoma Park)
Adult Oldtime Stringband w/Jonathan Vocke - begins 1/20 (6 sessions, Takoma Park)
*Online* - Introduction to Bodhran w/Scott Morrison - begins 1/22 (4 sessions)
*Online* - Intermediate Bodhran w/Scott Morrison -  begins 1/22 (4 sessions)

See Institute of Musical Traditions' upcoming concert schedule and purchase tickets at http://imtfolk.org. Tickets are now only sold online or at the door - not at the store.

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram