Extended hours, gift cards, upcoming workshops & jams

House of Musical Traditions

Dec 21, 2023, 3:28:42 PM12/21/23
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

A few updates as we wrap up the last few days of holiday shopping:

We have special extended hours through Saturday! Here's a rundown of our holiday schedule:
- Thursday Dec. 21 through Saturday Dec. 23: 11am-8pm
- Sunday Dec. 24: 11am-5pm
- Monday Dec. 25: closed
- Monday Jan. 1: closed

We still have lots of great inventory on hand, with new shipments just arrived from Eastman (mandolins & guitars), Breedlove (more ECO guitars, which are still $100 off through the end of December), JHS pedals, Dusty Strings harps, and more. We also just became a dealer for Kamaka Ukuleles, and have a few of their fine Hawaiian-made ukes in stock.

Gift cards are also a great idea for the musical person on your list. We offer both physical gift cards and e-gift cards that can be emailed to your recipient on the date you choose. Our lessons partner School of Musical Traditions also offers e-gift cards that can be used for their private lessons, workshops and group classes (see below for examples). Here are links to purchase these items:

- House of Musical Traditions physical gift card
- House of Musical Traditions e-gift card
- School of Musical Traditions e-gift card

Upcoming School of Musical Traditions events:
- Holiday Hootenanny Dec 30: all-ages fun with singing, jamming & refreshments
- Bluegrass Class w/Cherry Blossom Special begins Jan. 4
- Learn To Sing w/Nick Cameron begins Jan. 4
- Old Time Jam Takeover w/Cathy Fink, Marcy Marxer & Chao Tian, Jan. 10
- Adult Old-Time String Band class w/Jonathan Vocke begins Jan. 10
- *FOR KIDS 4-6* Drumlady K's Rhythm Room begins Jan. 27
- Old Time Banjo Retreat w/Cathy Fink & Victor Furtado: Feb 16-18. Events include Jam, 4 Workshops & Concert.
- Ben Eldridge Style Banjo w/Randy Barrett, March 10
- Bluegrass Slow Jam w/Cherry Blossom Special, 2nd & 4th Thursdays
- Get Yer Lonesome On! Bluegrass Jam w/Ira Gitlin & Mary Naden, every 4th Monday (starting back Jan. 29)
- Youth Fiddle Club, 4th Mondays (starting back Jan. 29)
- Takoma Spark Open Mic, every Tuesday

Upcoming Institute of Musical Traditions Concerts:
- From China to Appalachia: Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer w/Chao Tian & special guest Becky Hill. Monday Jan. 8 at St. Mark Presbyterian in Rockville

Thanks for reading, and Happy Holidays!

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram