Book Sale (Round 2) this weekend, plus ilyAIMY on Sunday!

House of Musical Traditions

Jun 4, 2021, 5:26:28 PM6/4/21
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

Bit of a late announcement to our mailing list, but this Saturday, June 5 (11-5) and Sunday, June 6 (11-4), we're having another round of our used music book sale, outside in our parking lot! Come browse a massive selection of books for guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, piano, percussion & much more - discounted up to 75%! No appointment needed, unless you'd like to shop inside the store.

Plus, local folk-rock favs ilyAIMY will be performing Sunday from 1-3pm on the Stage of Musical Traditions! You can watch from the park across the street on Westmoreland Ave, or from the sidewalk. This performance is presented by our sister non-profit concert series, Institute of Musical Traditions - and will also be live-streamed on their Facebook and YouTube! Admission is free, with donations/merch purchases encouraged.

Notes about visiting the store:

For the time being, we are continuing to keep our appointment system in place. We are still operating with a slightly reduced staff, and appointments help our staff to be prepared to serve you efficiently. We are also still being mindful of social distancing in our store layout with several small rooms, so this helps keep folks spaced out. Appointments are easy to book online through our website, and can be rescheduled or canceled easily if needed. We can almost always accommodate walk-in customers during our open hours (12-5 Sunday through Thursday; 12-6 Friday & Saturday), but appointments are preferred.

We are also continuing to require that masks be worn inside the store by everybody, regardless of your vaccination status. We want to prioritize the health and safety of all our customers, staff and their families, which include young children and immunocompromised people. Thank you for your cooperation! We will continue to evaluate our policies as time goes on.

School of Musical Traditions announcements:

Introductory Taiko Workshops with Mark H Rooney will be happening Saturdays, June 19th & July 17th! These are in-person, indoor workshops held at the Dance Exchange in Takoma Park. Find out more details, including precautions that will be in place, on the registration pages for June 19th & July 17th.

Most SMT private lessons are continuing to be held online. However, in-person lesson options are beginning to become available. To inquire about options, contact SMT at les...@schoolofmusicaltraditions.com or (240) 690-1910. Music lessons are a great summer activity for both adults and children!

Registration is also open for this July's Takoma Groove Camp (for ages 11-17), directed by our longtime instructor Brian Weber. Camp will be mostly virtual this summer, but with opportunities for some in-person meetups. Groove Camp is a fun and supportive summer gathering for musical teens to get experience playing together, composing their own music, and learning new skills. Find out more info on the Groove Camp website.

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram