Guitar & Djembe Sales, Martin Mulvihill Collection, Workshops & Jams

House of Musical Traditions

Jul 31, 2023, 1:26:15 PM7/31/23
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

We've got a couple of special sales to tell you about:

Better Guitars For Everyone Sale:
Looking to upgrade your acoustic guitar? We've discounted prices on all Larrivee and Sheeran By Lowden guitars, select Breedlove models and select used guitars. Check out the sale here.

Summer Djembe Sale:
We recently got a large order of high-quality djembe drums from Ghana, and are offering discounts through Labor Day of $50 off large size, and $40 off medium (sale prices start at $200). There are over 40 drums to choose from! These aren't listed on our website, so stop in or give us a call.

Calling all folks interested in traditional Irish music!
We recently became the US distributor for the newly-published Martin Mulvihill's Collection of Traditional Irish Music. Martin released Volume 1 in 1986, but the remaining 3 volumes were never published until now. Over 2,300 tunes and tune settings!

Band & Orchestra Instrument Rentals:
Our trial period special is back in effect! Rentals start at $15 for the first two months, with low monthly rates thereafter. Get a jump on your child's school music program (or rent a string or wind/brass instrument for yourself)! Get more info & complete your online rental here

School of Musical Traditions events (held at 7112 Willow Ave, Takoma Park MD):
- Irish Session, Thursday August 3rd. Led by Corned Beef Hash. Info & registration
Bluegrass Slow Jam every 2nd & 4th Thursday, 7-9pm. Hosted by Cherry Blossom Special. Register here
DC Sing-Along w/Josh Korr, August 19. Info & registration
Back-To-School Violin Brush Up: Thursday August 31, open to 4th-7th graders looking to brush up on their violin skills before school starts! Info & registration
Get Your Lonesome On: an upbeat bluegrass jam every 4th Monday, hosted by Ira Gitlin & Mary Naden. Register here
- Youth Fiddle Club, every 4th Monday. Open to students age 8-18 at any skill level. Info & registration
Open mic every Tuesday, hosted by rob Hinkal. 7:00pm, signup opens at 6pm.
Concert: Wicked Sycamore (contemporary bluegrass/acoustic trio) & Cherry Blossom Special. August 26th, 7pm. RSVP here.

Workshops & group classes return in September - including ukulele with Maureen Andary, Bluegrass with Cherry Blossom Special, Vocal classes with Nick Cameron, Adult Old-Time String Band with Jonathan Vocke, Beginning Bluegrass Guitar with Justin Heath, and jazz improv with Dave Manley. See what's coming up at https://schoolofmusicaltraditions.com/classes-workshops

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram