Workshop announcements & new Breedlove ECO guitars

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

House of Musical Traditions

未读,
2021年10月11日 15:01:052021/10/11
收件人 House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

School of Musical Traditions has a busy workshop & group class schedule this fall! Some classes are online (on Zoom) and some are in person at SMT's Rockville and Takoma Park studios, with masking required. Follow each link for more information and online registration:

- FREE Biweekly Old-Time Jam: Every other Thursday (next one October 14), 7-8pm at SMT's Rockville location. Led by Mari Carlson & Justin Heath, these sessions will build your jamming chops. Limit of 10 participants with pre-registration required.

- Youth Oldtime String Band w/Jonathan Vocke: Thursdays starting October
21, in Rockville (4 sessions). Geared for ages 10-18; players should have at least a basic facility on their instrument - learn how to play traditional string band music in a group setting.

21, in Rockville (4 sessions). Learn the art of rhythm guitar using classic trad fiddle tunes.

*ONLINE* Beginner 2 Ukulele: Learn More Strumming Patterns with Maureen Andary: Saturdays, October 23rd - November 20, 10-11am EST.

*ONLINE* Intermediate Ukulele: Classic Rock & Pop with Maureen Andary: Saturdays, October 23 - November 20, 11am-12pm EST.

- Flatpicking Guitar with Justin Heath: Saturdays, October 23rd - November 13th, 12:30-1:30pm, at SMT's Takoma Park studio.

Introductory Taiko Workshops w/Mark H RooneySaturday October 23, 5-8pm AND Sunday December 5, 5-8pm. Held at Dance Exchange in Takoma Park, MD.

*ONLINE* Bluegrass Banjo Improvisation with Ira Gitlin: Mondays, October 25 - November 15, 7-8pm EST.

We've received our first batch of Breedlove's new ECO series guitars! These affordable guitars use no clear-cut woods - a first in the industry - and they sound amazing. Check out all our in-stock Breedlove guitars here. Breedlove prices are also going up on October 15th, but you can still get deals on our current stock.

Still need to rent a band or orchestra instrument for your child's school program? Get started here and take advantage of our 2-month trial period special. Though our rental stock at the store is a bit limited due to high demand, when you confirm your rental online our partner NEMC will ship the instrument either to our store or direct to your home, usually within 1-3 days.

The Maryland Renaissance Festival runs for two more weekends, through October 24th. Tickets have generally been selling out on the previous day - so get your tickets in advance at rennfest.com. Keep an eye out for our traditional post-festival Dust, Dent & Ding Sale!

Have you checked out The Spring Open Mic? Our sister non-profit Institute of Musical Traditions has partnered with the Sandy Spring Museum in Olney, MD to sponsor this open mic every Tuesday from 7-9:30pm. It's held outdoors, weather-permitting. If held indoors, capacity is limited to 20 people (and masks are required when not performing). You must sign up in advance if you'd like to perform, and pre-registration for audience members is recommended as well. Info & registration on Sandy Spring Museum's website. You can also follow the Rob's Open Mics page for updates (and you can watch the livestreams there or on YouTube).

A note about general availability and pricing:
Most of our suppliers are continuing to experience challenges in manufacturing and shipping related to the pandemic, international trade and other logistics. These challenges are affecting many industries worldwide. We are hearing reports from suppliers that international shipping costs have increased more than 300%! This means that price increases are happening on some of the products we carry. Some products are also continuing to have limited availability. We are constantly ordering in comparable products from different suppliers to keep a good stock at the store, and are continuing to buy high-quality used instruments at a good pace. As we start looking toward the holiday shopping season, the consensus is that you want to shop and inquire early if you are looking for specific items. Thanks for your continued support as we all weather these challenges.

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子