Sale announcements, holiday hours & lessons news!

House of Musical Traditions

Dec 14, 2022, 2:43:34 PM12/14/22
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from HMT!

As we enter the final days of holiday shopping, some of the suppliers we work with have announced temporary price reductions on their products, and we can pass the savings onto you! Check out these deals:

- Sheeran By Lowden guitars are reduced 25% off retail through the end of December. These are wonderful small-body acoustic and acoustic-electric guitars built in Lowden's Ireland factory, co-designed with Ed Sheeran. Prices now start at only $758! Check out the selection here

- Fishman Loudbox Mini amplifiers have a $50 instant rebate through 12/31. You may also redeem a free slipcover directly through Fishman. This is our favorite small amplifier for acoustic instruments! They're also a great partner for NS Design electric violins & cellos

- A few Breedlove ECO and Organic guitar models are being phased out, and we are offering closeout prices on them starting at $399. Check out all of our in-stock Breedloves here

We will also be running a post-Christmas sale in our Reverb store, starting Dec. 25 (sale prices will be honored in-store as well).

And for those really last-minute gifts, don't forget we offer e-gift cards that can be emailed to your recipient, either immediately or scheduled for a particular time!

Special Holiday Hours:
Starting this Sunday through 12/23, we will be open 1 additional hour later to help you get your last minute shopping done! Hours are as follows:
- Dec 18-19: 11am - 6pm
- Dec 20-23: 11am - 8pm
- Dec 24: 11am - 6pm
- Dec 25: CLOSED
- Dec 31: 11am - 6pm
- Jan 1: CLOSED

School of Musical Traditions news:
Our SMT lessons division has now fully moved into their new space Takoma Spark at 7112 Willow Ave, Takoma Park! Located just 2 blocks from both the store and the Takoma Metro, we are are very excited about the additional space and accessibility this location provides. SMT will be having a grand opening celebration Saturday January 7 from 12-4pm. Come on out for performances by SMT teachers & students, light refreshments, meet-n-greet with the admin team & teachers, day-of discounts for selected lessons and classes, and general merriment & good times! Free to attend, but RSVP appreciated.

Upcoming classes & events:

- Weekly open mic hosted by Rob Hinkal: Tuesdays 7pm (performer signups open at 6pm). Open to all genres, abilities & ages. We're also now having featured acts each week: 12/20 will be the duo Quiet the Mountain. More info on the Rob's Open Mics fb page. You can also watch the livestream either there or on YouTube!

- Open Bluegrass Jam every other Thursday - next one 12/22 at 7pm.

As we close out our 50th year in business, thanks for your continued support and we wish you happy and musically rich holidays!

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram