New hours; appointments no longer required!

House of Musical Traditions

Jul 12, 2021, 12:11:15 PM7/12/21
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

We are pleased to announce that we have now returned to our "original" operating hours:
- Sunday & Monday 11am - 5pm
- Tuesday through Saturday 11am - 7pm

Appointments are no longer required to visit the store! You may drop by anytime during these hours. We are currently still requiring masks inside the store for all customers and staff. We're frequently re-evaluating our mask policy, but for the time being have opted to continue with masking. We are still offering local delivery, shipping, and curbside/car-side service options (just call when you arrive and we'll meet you outside).

The musical instrument industry is going through some challenges at the present time. Almost all manufacturers are being affected by delays and cost increases in international shipping, which you may have heard are affecting a range of industries. Some shipments are sitting in backlogged ports for weeks, with no predictable date of clearance. US-made instruments are also being affected by parts shortages and other pandemic-related production challenges. Though availability on certain products has been affected, we are making every effort to keep stocking a good range of products - finding different suppliers and new product lines with better availability. We're also picking up discounted factory second/B-stock models when available. We have increased our used instrument buying and have an ever-rotating selection of great pre-owned instruments. If you've been on the hunt for a particular product, let us know and we'll be glad to check with our suppliers and/or offer comparable alternatives.

Lessons & Workshops update:

We're also happy to announce that in-person lessons are starting to come back, with safety precautions in place! School of Musical Traditions is now scheduling in-person lessons on a range of instruments in both their Rockville and Takoma Park locations, with more options becoming available in the coming weeks and months. All teachers are still continuing to offer virtual lessons, which have been a great option for many students! Visit SMT's website for more information and to start your inquiry.

SMT will also be presenting another Introductory Taiko Workshop with Mark H Rooney on Sunday July 17th at the Dance Exchange in Takoma Park. Attendance will be limited, and masks & social distancing will be in place. Find more information & online registration here.

Institute of Musical Traditions has announced their return to live in-person concerts! Friday July 23, Alice Howe and Freebo will be performing at Seekers Church (near the Takoma Metro). Info & tickets at imtfolk.org. Masks will be required for audience members.

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram