Massive Book Tent Sale May 1, Online Workshops & New Inventory

7 wyświetleń

House of Musical Traditions

nieprzeczytany,
22 kwi 2021, 13:31:2422.04.2021
do House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

First, a reminder of our current hours: we're open from 12-5pm Sundays through Thursdays, and 12-6pm Fridays & Saturdays. Appointments are still recommended for your visit, and can be easily scheduled online (and rescheduled if needed) at http://hmtrad.com. We can usually accommodate walk-ins during open hours, but appointments help us keep capacity spaced out and ensures our staff is prepared to assist you.

We're pleased to announce a Used Book Blowout and Spring Cleaning Tent Sale, Saturday May 1st, 11am-5pm in our parking lot! We've acquired a huge collection of used music books, most in like-new condition, discounted 66-75% off new prices. This collection is heavy on guitar (in any style you can think of), but there's also books for mandolin, banjo, fiddle, piano, percussion and much more. It's several dozen bins worth! We'll be setting up a tent sale in our parking lot where you can come browse, no appointment needed (unless you want to shop inside the store as well). For every 5 books purchased, get a 6th free - plus, every purchase of 10 books gets a raffle ticket to win a ukulele! We'll also be featuring several instruments with special discounts during this sale. You can help us spread the word through our Facebook event.

We're continuing to get in lots of great new and used inventory, including:
- Discounted Breedlove guitar & ukulele factory seconds (small cosmetic imperfections)
- Discounted Paracho Elite Latin American instrument factory seconds: bajo sexto/quinto, requinto, tres, vihuela
- Items from a large estate acquisition ranging from acoustic guitars under $200 to vintage Martins, Venezuelan cuatros and more
- Several professional-level used accordions
- New handmade guitars & banjos from Fredericksburg, VA-based luthier Bob Gramann
Check our New Arrivals section regularly for details on these, and more!

Our School of Musical Traditions has several online Zoom workshops coming up this spring!
- Classical Guitar 101 with Erik Sharar: Sundays starting April 25. 4 sessions covering a wide range of topics in this genre. More info & registration
- Junkband Camp with Jason Mullinax: Saturday May 8. Learn to write and play your own rhythms on everyday household objects! More info & registration
- Bodhran Class with Scott Morrison: Saturdays starting May 15 (4 sessions). For beginning level students. More info & registration
- Fiddle Workshop: A Swedish Fiddle Tune For Norwegian Independence Day w/Mari Carlson: Sunday May 16, 12-1:30pm. More info & registration

Institute of Musical Traditions has some online and outdoor in-person concerts coming up!
- Friday April 30: online show with Jenner Fox, Abby Posner & The Black Feathers. Free to watch on IMT's Facebook & YouTube, tipping encouraged.
- Sunday May 23rd, 1pm: Bob Dylan 80th Birthday Tribute with Billy Coulter, Brian Simms, Ruthie Logsdon & Tony Denikos, rob Hinkal, and McKinley Claire. At the Takoma Park Gazebo (masks & social distancing required), donations encouraged. This show will also be live-streamed.
And Save the Date for ilyAIMY at the Stage of Musical Traditions (outside the store) Sunday June 6th!

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż
Nowe wiadomości: 0