Vote for HMT in Best of DC

House of Musical Traditions

Jul 6, 2023, 11:23:08 AM7/6/23
to House of Musical Traditions
Greetings from House of Musical Traditions!

We're proud to have been voted "Best Place To Buy Instruments" 6 times in the Washington DC City Paper's reader poll. We'd love your help to win a 7th time! Voting ends on Monday July 10, and you can cast your vote for us here (requires email validation and then you can vote in additional categories).

Special sales:
- Breedlove is offering a $200 instant rebate discount on their new Organic Pro series guitars, through September. These guitars feature all-solid tonewoods at affordable prices. All woods are sustainably and ethically harvested through Breedlove's careful selection and commitment to protecting our environment. See our in-stock selection of Breedloves here.
- Sheeran By Lowden guitars are on sale - now starting at only $799! These small-body acoustics are designed in partnership with Ed Sheeran and made in Lowden's factory in Ireland. See our selection here

Band & Orchestra Instrument Rentals:
Our trial period special is back in effect! Rentals start at $15 for the first two months, with low monthly rates thereafter. Get a jump on your child's school music program (or rent a string or wind/brass instrument for yourself)! Get more info & complete your online rental here

School of Musical Traditions events (held at 7112 Willow Ave, Takoma Park MD):
- Bluegrass Slow Jam every 2nd & 4th Thursday, 7-9pm. Hosted by Cherry Blossom Special. Register here
- DC Sing-Along w/Josh Korr, July 16 & August 19. Info & registration
- Get Your Lonesome On: an upbeat bluegrass jam every 4th Monday, hosted by Ira Gitlin & Mary Naden. Register here
- Open mic every Tuesday, hosted by rob Hinkal. 7:00pm, signup opens at 6pm.
- Concert: Arco y Aire (contemporary tango) & Cherry Blossom Special (bluegrass), July 15th, 7pm. RSVP here.
- Concert: Wicked Sycamore (contemporary bluegrass/acoustic trio) & Cherry Blossom Special. August 26th, 7pm. RSVP here.

Workshops & group classes return in September - including ukulele with Maureen Andary, bluegrass with Cherry Blossom Special, and jazz improv with Dave Manley. See what's coming up at https://schoolofmusicaltraditions.com/classes-workshops

House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912
Follow us on FacebookTwitter & Instagram