Cracked.com was purged back in December

Johan Larson

Feb 13, 2018, 9:21:55 PM2/13/18
to HMS Overflow
I'm a fan of Cracked.com, the comedy website with a surprisingly appealing mix of sophomoric humor and occasional though-provoking material.

Unfortunately they have fallen on hard times. They were bought by E.W. Scripps back in April of 2016 for a princely $39 million, but a bit over a year later, after disappointing earnings, the owners reorganized the outfit and fired 25 people. I thought their output was looking a bit thin lately, and a lot of the old faces were no longer around.

Apparently ad revenues have dropped recently, and a new venture into video production on YouTube was less lucrative than had been hoped.

There's a decent write-up here: