what's the worst thing 23andMe could be doing with the genetic information they collect?

Johan Larson

Apr 6, 2018, 7:58:34 AM4/6/18
to HMS Overflow
23andMe is a company that does genetic analysis. You send in a little vial of spit, and they tell you about your ancestry. I signed up earlier this week and sent them my sample yesterday.

But it got me wondering: what's the worst thing they could be planning to do with the information they are collecting? Sure, Kristallnacht II: This Time With Accurate Data, but that's just one-upping grandpa's generation. Surely we can come up with worse things than that?