counting down the Marvel movies

Johan Larson

Jan 29, 2018, 7:47:00 AM1/29/18
to HMS Overflow
A couple of guys from the comedy troupe Loading Ready Run are counting down the Marvel movies, one per week, until the release of Infinity War on May 4th.

This weekend they did Thor, the fourth in the series.

So far, they agree the films rank in this order: Iron Man, Thor, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk.

Johnny1A

Jan 30, 2018, 11:57:14 PM1/30/18
to HMS Overflow
Iron Man 2 is seriously overrated.

Johan Larson

Jan 31, 2018, 6:40:56 AM1/31/18
to HMS Overflow
Next up is Captain America. I expect that one will be high in the list. We might see a parting of the ways with this film, the hosts disagreeing on whether Iron Man or Captain America should be first.

Johan Larson

Jan 31, 2018, 6:45:42 AM1/31/18
to HMS Overflow
I'm with Cap, by the way. Earnest soldier over drunkard playboy all the way. Fine, technical genius drunkard playboy, but still.

Johnny1A

Feb 1, 2018, 8:02:35 PM2/1/18
to HMS Overflow
Yeah, but are you rating the likeability/praiseworthiness of the main character, or the 'goodness' of the movie, in entertainment terms?  Those are not always the same thing.

Yeah, Cap is more likeable/admirable than Tony, though it takes both kinds, but I think the first Iron Man movie probably is the best of the lot of the MCU that I've seen, as a movie, while IM 2 may be the worst as a movie.