regularly save output in nimble

ndusit

Jul 10, 2024, 4:40:10 AMJul 10
to hmecology: Hierarchical Modeling in Ecology
Dear all,
Is there any package that works like "saveJAGS", but for nimble? I have a problem with the power outage after running three days. The model should run for a week, so I am scared to get nothing again.
Best regards,
Dusit

Quresh Latif

Jul 11, 2024, 6:32:27 PMJul 11
to hmecology: Hierarchical Modeling in Ecology
Hi there. Here is a thread on this topic. I have written a function that saves to the hard drive intermittently and runs until convergence. Unfortunately, I have not yet gotten around to programming it to be able to recover from the hard drive after being interrupted. Later in the thread, however, are some posts on saving the state information to be able to recover it. I haven't tried to implement it yet, but you're most likely going to have to adapt code to your needs. There is no generalized package that fully replicates what saveJAGS does for JAGS.