Every Friday morning, if you have any user or dev news or experiences you'd like to share, post them in the hledger matrix chat (https://matrix.to/#/#hledger:matrix.org) as a message prefixed by "TWIH:". Markdown formatting and edits are welcome. On Saturday I'll publish on the hledger mail list and on mastodon.
Changes merged this week include:
- print: add --round option for more control of precisions (#2085)
- balance-assigned amounts affect commodity styles again (#2091, regression in 1.30)
- timedot: parse unitful quantities more accurately (#2096)
- Jacob Weisz has updated the hledger-web app on Sandstorm (The amazing https://sandstorm.io cloud app platform that lets you set up free private hledger-web instances with a few clicks, check it out!)
- renamed main CI workflow and branch to "ci"
- updated and committed hledger.org's caddy config and short urls (redirects)
- there's now an easy short url for trying out the hledger-web app on Sandstorm: https://sandstorm.hledger.org .
- moved regression bounty info to https://hledger.org/REGRESSIONS.html
- hledger manual > Journal > Commodity display style: rewritten
- hledger manual > aregister, hledger-ui manual > Register screen: note how separately-dated postings get combined
- justfile: forecast-import: show but don't consume future-dated forecast transactions
https://hledgerfan.com/a-not-so-capital-idea-for-saving-time/ describes a timesaving tip for command line users. Specifically, when typing one of your account names, hledger "forgives" you if you don't match the capitalization of an account name.