retiring two builtin commands

Simon Michael

Jan 25, 2023, 12:35:34 PM1/25/23
to hledger
Hi all, if you have any objection let me know:

I'm thinking of dropping the print-unique command. It disorders same-day transactions, doesn't support print's options, and isn't useful enough to be always shown in the builtin commands list. I don't know of any users, or see a use for it, and it could easily be recreated as an addon script, so I'm inclined not to bother supporting it as a hidden command.

Also I'm planning to replace the register-match command with register --match. It's arguably possibly occasionally useful but it doesn't need to be a separate builtin command, and this will be consistent with print --match.