This Week In Hledger 2024-03-15

Simon Michael

Mar 16, 2024, 12:30:46 PMMar 16
to hle...@googlegroups.com

This Week In Hledger 2024-03-15

https://hledger.org/news.html#this-week-in-hledger-2024-03-15

sm
No hledger dev work this week. The new PTA forum continues to work well.

Misc
docker-finance, a new cryptocurrency-supporting workflow system using hledger-flow,
and the older workflows Full-fledged hledger, hledger-flow and rtrledger,

To save time, I won't summarise discussions this week; you can see them at:

Feel free to share interesting blog posts (they don't have to be new) at the PTA forum.

Quotes

  • Way less painful than QuickBooks if you're also a programmer or adjacent. --dmoy

  • My favorite part of the (extensive) Haskell API is Hledger.Cli.Script. It re-exports all the most commonly used functions and data types, meaning you're just one import away from everything you need to get started.--wbadart

Simon Michael

Mar 22, 2024, 2:07:50 PMMar 22
to hle...@googlegroups.com

This Week In Hledger 2024-03-22

https://hledger.org/news.html#this-week-in-hledger-2024-03-22

sm

I tried getting hledger-sankey (generates Sankey diagrams of cash flows) working on my real world ledger, and contributed a patch.

Misc

Ilya Konovalov made multi-section balance reports always show a section total even when empty, fixing their CSV output. [#2186]

You can see recent discussions at:

A key advantage of hledger, and why I migrated from ledger, is that hledger internally orders transactions chronologically, whereas ledger inexplicably orders them in the order they appear in the file, irrespective of the date attached to them.--chromatin

hledger can validate date order, that seems to eliminate copy-paste-fail-to-update-date for me. --yencabulator

The reason I have hledger installed is for check ordereddates. --kvass