This Week In Hledger 2024-01-05

Simon Michael

Jan 6, 2024, 3:29:59 PMJan 6
to hledger

This Week In Hledger 2024-01-05

sm:

I released hledger 1.32.2, which fixes bugs and adds hledger-ui on Windows.

In master I worked on

  • fix check tags to ignore modified, _modified tags automatically #2148
  • fix add,import,web: really avoid filenames ending with . on Windows #1056
  • improve GHC 9.8 support
  • add --assert and --assign modes to close, eg to help try alternate file migration workflows.

In docs:

  • RELEASING: process updates; changelogs are now updated only in release branch
  • REGRESSIONS: split the bounty between finder and fixer
  • sponsors: improve Open Collective tiers, fee info, avatar display
  • add: clarify that add does not add a default commodity symbol #815
  • auto postings: clarify
  • examples, examples/invoicing: expand READMEs, clarify status

Forgot to mention last week:

Robert Nielsen:
TWIH: Because I use Emacs, better Emacs = better hledger. See how Emacs guru Prot helped me:
https://hledgerfan.com/better-emacs-better-hledger/

Misc:

Quotes:

  • Plain-text accounting is great. I choose hledger for the accounts of a small side business that doesn't warrant hiring an accountant.

  • I love hledger and have a few scripts to convert downloaded CSVs from various institutions into the appropriate format and dedupe any overlap if necessary.
    Once a month I download a bunch of statements, run a script and have all of the data available to me.

Share your hledger/PTA user notes, dev news, achievements or experiences in the hledger matrix chat, every Friday morning or any time, tagged with TWIH: