This Week In Hledger 2023-12-22

Simon Michael

Dec 22, 2023, 10:17:50 PM12/22/23
to hledger

This Week In Hledger 2023-12-22

Share your hledger/PTA user notes, dev news, achievements or experiences in the hledger matrix chat, every Friday morning (or any time, tagged with #ThisWeekInHledger).

sm

This week I worked more on consolidating project scripts, porting make rules to just.
Also participated in timeclock discussions, did some research and brainstormed next steps.

nobodyinperson

I published annextimelog v0.3.1, a git-annex based time tracker (alpha quality, bare minimum functionality),
which can export its data to hledger-readable timeclock.

https://pypi.org/project/annextimelog

Robert Nielsen

On the hledger fan website I look at using desc as a timesaver, and why this matters: https://hledgerfan.com/a-better-description

Misc

ShrykeWindgrace's PR upgrading hledger-ui to the new brick and vty libs has landed;
hledger-ui now runs natively on Microsoft Windows.

Quotes of the week

I’ve been using hledger for a few years. ... Every service lets you download historical data as CSV,
which can be imported by hledger and turned into journal files and then into visual reports. ...
It’s a bespoke setup and super nerdy and is a bit of a pain, but it’s literally the only solution that works for us.