This Week In Hledger 2024-01-19

Simon Michael

Jan 20, 2024, 2:38:34 AMJan 20
to hledger

This Week In Hledger 2024-01-19

sm
I updated issue tracker labels and ISSUES and REGRESSIONS pages. On plaintextaccounting.org, I added tables of contents on all pages, tightened bullet lists, ran a link checker and fixed broken links, consolidated to a single more prominent PTA FAQ, and wrote a new "How to organise files" answer.

Robert Nielsen
After much procrastination, I finally do the actual changes I had planned for my hledger data. Sed was the tool of choice, and you can read about it at https://hledgerfan.com/first-step-in-closing-out-2023.

Matrix chat
docs, csv rules, reports, nix, flycheck-hledger error regions, lot tracking, paycheck entries, annextimelog, tags, paypal, invoicing entries, matrix clients, balance assertions, pivoting, file organisation, receivables, account types

Mastodon
4-year regressions stats

Reddit

  • Tracking an asset like stocks and their growth
  • Protecting financial data with PTA
  • hledger-flow year specific rules file
  • hledger: import from source with different decimal marks
  • Any scripts/documented methods for importing nYNAB (web) data into PTA?

Misc
hamess has annotated the new features in version 1.32's manuals.

Quotes

Whoa this is amazing. And really easy!

I love hledger and have a few scripts to convert downloaded CSVs from various institutions into the appropriate format and dedupe any overlap if necessary. Once a month I download a bunch of statements, run a script and have all of the data available to me.

Share your hledger/PTA user notes, dev news, achievements or experiences in the hledger matrix chat, every Friday morning or any time, tagged with TWIH: