combination of register and aregister

Henning Thielemann

Aug 24, 2023, 7:31:23 PM8/24/23
to hle...@googlegroups.com

I need a combination of 'register' and 'aregister'.

From 'register' I want

* no header line
* no historical running total (aka --cumulative)

From 'aregister' I want

* collapsed multiple postings in a transaction

What can I do?

Simon Michael

Aug 25, 2023, 1:59:09 PM8/25/23
to hledger
I think the shortest path would be to modify Aregister.hs, turning off the header and --historical. Either run a custom local build, or you could save the report as a haskell script that calls standard hledger.

Or: strip the header with tail +2 and add a dummy starting transaction that resets the running total to zero.