This Week In Hledger 2024-05-31

Simon Michael

May 31, 2024, 8:41:11 PMMay 31
to hle...@googlegroups.com

This Week In Hledger 2024-05-31

sm

  • integrate tldr pages as --tldr
  • make help -m, --man jump to TOPIC properly
  • --color now also accepts y or n, like --pretty
  • CLI commands list and options cleanups
  • make checkembeddedfiles more robust
  • tools: just twih date fixes
  • release prep

Doc updates:

  • Unicode characters: mention UTF-8 on windows
  • update/simplify general options list
  • sync command descriptions with tldr docs
  • tldr contributing docs
  • website: properly redirect old /FAQ path; tagline tweak
  • PTA website: add first sponsor logo; mention hledger-sankey

Misc: for recent discussions, see https://hledger.org/support.html

Quotes

  • I've switched all my accounting over to hledger (a Haskell-based and slightly more feature-filled version of the original) and I'm SUPER happy with it so far.

  • A little daily-ish data-entry-and-reconciling ritual, with a pleasant tool setup, can be quite satisfying! I actually look forward to it. (That right there is part of my PTA success story. I used to suffer a lot of stress around all things finance.)

https://hledger.org/news.html#this-week-in-hledger-2024-05-31