Question regarding compatibility of Syndromic Surveillance Validation tool with database MySql 8

Sandeep Mali

Jan 4, 2024, 10:25:08 AMJan 4
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing

Hi,

We have MySql version 8 database and when we deployed the Validation tool versions SS r2 1.7.1 and SS r2 1.7.2 on our server we are receiving exception in the database. Attached are the logs for your reference.

The syndromic validation tool war file appears to be compatible with lower version of MySql database (i.e., MySql 5.7.xx).

Is there a way that the tool can be compatible with MySql version 8 database or we need to perform any steps to make it compatible with higher version of the MySql database.

Please let us know.

 Thank you,

Sandeep Mali

Validation tool error.txt

sheryl...@nist.gov

Jan 4, 2024, 4:00:50 PMJan 4
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing

NIST received your question. A response will be provided once our analysts have completed their evaluation.

Thank you.

sheryl...@nist.gov

Jan 5, 2024, 10:50:11 AMJan 5
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The NIST analysts considered your question and provided this response: The MySql v8 database cannot be used with the NIST Syndromic Surveillance Test Suite as this tool is only compatible with MySQL 5.7, and NIST has no plans to upgrade to a later version of MySQL.

Sandeep Mali

Feb 20, 2024, 10:47:18 AMFeb 20
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Hi Sheryl,

Thank you Sheryl for the feedback regarding MySql database version compatibility.

We tried to validate using below configuration and seeing some errors. Could you or your team please review and let us know how to proceed.

Environment setup details:

Tomcat Ver: Tomcat/8.5.88

JDK: 1.8.0_372-b07

Db: Mysql FLEX 5.7.43

Error in the UI:  Attached screenshot SS error.

Error in the logs:

gov.nist.hit.core.service.exception.MessageValidationException: gov.nist.hit.core.service.exception.MessageValidationException

  at gov.nist.hit.core.api.TestContextController.validateMessage(TestContextController.java:110)

Thank you,

Sandeep

SS error.png
logs.txt

sheryl...@nist.gov

Feb 21, 2024, 8:31:35 AMFeb 21
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing

NIST received your question. A response will be provided once our analysts have completed their evaluation.

Thank you.

Rosin, Caroline D. (Fed)

Feb 21, 2024, 12:58:21 PMFeb 21
to Sandeep Mali, HL7v2 Syndromic Testing, Crouzier, Nicolas (Ctr)

Hello Sandeep, we are looking into your issue and will get back to you.

Caroline

Nicolas Crouzier

Feb 22, 2024, 10:56:38 AMFeb 22
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Hi Sandy, I had a look at your log file.
Does this happen for all profiles?
Would you please send me the message you tried to validate, either here or directly to my email. nicolas....@nist.gov

Thank you

Nicolas

Sandeep Mali

Feb 26, 2024, 9:33:01 AMFeb 26
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Hi Nicolas,

I have sent the sample AO3 and AO4 message that we tried to validate to your e-mail.

Thank you,
Sandeep

Sandeep Mali

Mar 14, 2024, 10:03:00 AMMar 14
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Hi Nicolas,

Were you able to check the sample A03 and A04 message that I had shared to your e-mail?

Thank you,
Sandeep

Nicolas Crouzier

Mar 14, 2024, 12:41:00 PMMar 14
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Sorry for not reaching back quicker.
I have received and check those messages and they work fine on my local instance and the server deployed version of the tool.
Could you try this war file and see if it works better. (please clear the db before testing)
Thank you

Sandeep Mali

Mar 18, 2024, 8:41:48 AMMar 18
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Sure,  will check with this war and update here.

Thank you,
Sandeep

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted