Using correct ICD-10 code which is mapped to SNOMED code as provided in test case, still receiving error as the ICD-10 is not present in Value set. Will this be a fail or pass?

pramod.cho...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2020, 2:00:08 AM3/24/20
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
As per the test scenario- ED Visit with Inpatient Admission, the A03 message expects to have SNOMED code. However, we are passing ICD 10 code (for the same SNOMED code asked in the test case). But when we try to validate the HL7 message- we are getting the below error.

SS.PNG

The Above highlighted SNOMED code is mapped to the ICD-10 code Z77.29. Will this work if we show the mapping and get a pass? Or is it mandatory to show the SNOMED Code and not ICD10 code for that test case.

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

Mar 24, 2020, 11:04:38 AM3/24/20
to pramod.cho...@gmail.com, HL7v2 Syndromic Testing

Hi,

If your situation meets the conditions listed on the Notes section on the Test Story tab, then the error notification in the test tool can be ignored by the Tester and the SUT will not fail on this basis.

“If the HIT developer uses a different but equivalent SNOMED CT code than the ones provided/accepted or an equivalent ICD-10 CM code, the Tester may ignore errors generated by the Test Tool related to incorrect code/name of coding system when the SNOMED CT or ICD-10 CM code data used in the message are determined via visual inspection to be valid data.”

Thank you,

Sheryl

NIST