question about testing

Jeff Gibson

Apr 6, 2021, 3:56:23 PM4/6/21
to hl7v2-syndr...@googlegroups.com

So how does this group work?  When we get ready to do this testing,  how do I actually submit the data?  Do I just copy and paste it in an email and send it to this group?

I’m also looking at the Test Suite and I don’t see anything on how to create one.

Jeff Gibson

Director of Information Technology

Rush County Memorial Hospital

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

Apr 6, 2021, 4:09:56 PM4/6/21
to Jeff Gibson, hl7v2-syndr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeff,

The Google Group at https://groups.google.com/g/hl7v2-syndromic-testing is used for asking questions about use of the NIST HL7 v2 Syndromic Surveillance Test Suite at https://hl7v2-ss-r2-testing.nist.gov/ss-r2/#/home

The Test Suite is used for many purpose, e.g., the Context-based validation is used for ONC HIT certification testing and Context-free validation is used for onboarding with some public health registries. Some HIT developers probably use the Test Suite as they are developing their HIT modules (e.g., EHR-S or EMR-S).

To learn how to use the Test Suite, I recommend you access the Documentation option on the menu bar and then read through some of the files that are posted there, such as the Quick Reference Guide and the Tutorial.

Thank you,

Sheryl

NIST

Jeff Gibson

Apr 7, 2021, 4:02:11 PM4/7/21
to HL7v2 Syndromic Testing
Thanks.  My question is in the tutorial, it says to pick "Context-free" and choose one of the previously define profile.  I'm told we only have to do the SS-NoAck submissions by KDHE.

So am I supposed to upload the message data in ALL FOUR profiles?  Or do I just pick one?

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

Apr 7, 2021, 4:19:42 PM4/7/21
to Jeff Gibson, HL7v2 Syndromic Testing

Jeff,

If the KDHE (?Kansas Department of Health and Environment?) told you that you only have to do the SS-NoAck submissions, I would interpret that to mean that you must show proof of ability to submit valid SS messages for A04, A03, A01, and A08 Profiles.

I would think you would use these four Profiles in the Context-free validation of the NIST SS Test Suite listed in the PH_SS-NoAck profiles Profile Group to test your example messages:

You probablly should confirm this recommendation with the KDHE to be certain.

Note: Do not import (copy/paste or whatever) any messages with real patient data into the NIST SS Test Suite. See the HIPAA Patient Confidentiality Notice on the About page in the Test Suite.