Question on Test Case Fixed Data

Karyn R

Apr 3, 2023, 11:23:44 AM4/3/23
to HL7v2 Reportable Lab Testing
I am testing the ELR Final Quantitative Result and I am getting an error on the DOB.  It's saying that my DOB should be 19660130.  Should I be making my test patient specific to the test example patient demographics?

taimur ali khan

Apr 3, 2023, 1:59:57 PM4/3/23
to HL7v2 Reportable Lab Testing
It's possible that the ELR Final Quantitative Result is expecting the date of birth (DOB) in a specific format, such as YYYYMMDD, and the format you are using is not matching the expected format. It's also possible that the example patient demographics you are using for testing have a specific DOB that needs to be used for testing.

It's recommended to review the ELR Final Quantitative Result documentation to determine the expected format for the DOB field. You can also review the example patient demographics provided to ensure that the DOB you are using for testing matches the DOB of the example patient.

In general, it's a good practice to test with realistic patient data that closely matches the scenarios you are testing

sheryl...@nist.gov

Apr 3, 2023, 2:50:25 PM4/3/23
to HL7v2 Reportable Lab Testing

Hi Karyn,

If you are using one of the ELR_7 Test Cases in the Context-Based Validation function of the NIST ELR HL7 v2.5.1 Validation Tool – ONC 2014 and 2015 Edition at https://hl7v2-elr-testing.nist.gov/mu-elr/

…then the DOB (PID-7.1) for these test messages is Test Case Fixed Data and must be either 20081101, 19161016, or 19480802 according to the Message Content sheet for each of the ELR_7 Test Cases

The definition for Test Case Fixed Data is provided on page 7 of a file accessed via the link on the Documentation page for “2015 Edition Understanding ELR ONC Certification Testing”. The information found on page 7 is shown here:

Thank you for your question.