Failed to Send - NIST IZTOOL SOAPCON_1_BasicMessage_ConnectivityResponse

Aditya Singh

May 5, 2024, 1:22:42 PMMay 5
to HL7v2 Immunization Testing
I am testing out SOAP connectivity as I prep for ONC certification.

I am able to send to the NIST URL and validate that value. However, when I try to send the outbound request to test that my system can listen and send responses, I am getting no activity.

I have tested on Postman and SOAP UI as well as on the public URL and a local instance of Tomcat loaded with iztool. In all scenarios, the local testing through Postman and SOAP UI hit my server and have a response.

When I look at the iztool, inspecting the network log gives me the following:

Any way to know whether the issue is with iztool or with my server?

request-errpr.png
response-error.png

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

May 8, 2024, 11:09:18 AMMay 8
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

Hi Aditya,

NIST received your question. A response will be provided once our analysts have completed their evaluation.

Thank you.

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

May 8, 2024, 12:11:56 PMMay 8
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your question. The following response is being provided by the NIST analyst:

From this window (see first image below), you should first select [Configure] and enter the SOAP endpoint URL for your SUT.   Then you’ll next press [-> Send] which should bring up a “Console” window (see second image below) which should show the status of the outgoing SOAP message and any responses.

If you are not seeing anything other than the message being sent in the Console window, then likely it is being blocked by a Firewall for some reason.   Send us the SOAP endpoint URL that you are configuring our tool with and we may be able to check this.

I am testing out SOAP connectivity as I prep for ONC certification.

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

May 8, 2024, 5:40:15 PMMay 8
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

Addendum:

According to NIST’s developer for the Immunization Test Suite, “they cannot use localhost or 127.0.0.1 in the configuration box in the tool” because the tool was recently modified to disallow the use of those addresses (for security reasons).

So, instead, use the actual IP address of your local machine.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

May 13, 2024, 11:26:04 AMMay 13
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

May 13, 2024, 11:26:40 AMMay 13
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

May 13, 2024, 1:38:02 PMMay 13
to Aditya Singh, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

From the NIST analyst:

Does the Console window of the NIST tool show any activity when you press [-> Send] ?

Are you able to send a message from the local Tomcat installation of the NIST tool to something like SoapUI (e.g. using a Mock Service)?

Myself and one of our developers has tested having the NIST tool send a SOAP message to a SoapUI Mock Service, both locally and from the main NIST site without any problems.

Any more details that you can provide would be helpful.

Message has been deleted