Test Case: IZ-AD-1_Admin_IIS-Warning & Test Case: IZ-AD-8_Admin_IIS-Warning

Patrick Kenney

Oct 2, 2023, 9:37:46 AM10/2/23
to HL7v2 Immunization Testing

Good Morning,

Descriptions: For several of our Test Cases (1 & 8), the validator expects a valid VIS (Vaccine Information Statement) code to be passed in the VXU message to identify the vaccine that was administered.

In both of our Test Cases, we entered a vaccine for Multi Pediatric Vaccines VIS, identified with VIS code ‘253088698300026411230724’ which is listed as a ‘current’ VIS value as of 5/12/23 (source: IIS Vaccine Info Statement LookUp Table | CDC).

However, we received the following error message: “Invalid content (based on test case fixed data). The value '253088698300026411230724' at 'Component OBX-5.1 (Identifier)' does not match the expected value '253088698300049311230512'”.

Has anyone experienced this issue or could shed some light on why these two Test Cases are failing? Per the CDC this vaccine should be valid.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

Taylor, Sheryl L. (Fed)

Oct 2, 2023, 10:41:21 AM10/2/23
to Patrick Kenney, HL7v2 Immunization Testing

Hi Pat,

The Context-based Validation in the NIST Immunization Test Suite does check for use of the correct VIS codes in the testing messages according to the Test Data provided.

Regarding Test Cases 1 & 8, the Multi Pediatric Vaccines VIS is not included in the Test Data of the test messages for Test Steps IZ-AD-1.1_Send_V04_Z22 and IZ-AD-8.1_Send_V04_Z22, so you should not be receiving the error notification you listed in your Google Groups email related to validation of those testing messages.

As of version 2.0.14 of the NIST Immunization Test Suite that was published on July 20, 2023, two other VIS codes were updated in the test data for those Test Steps, and these VIS codes also were added to the PHVS_VISBarcodes_IIS Value Set in the tool.

  • VIS Document Barcode String 253088698300049311230512 was added for the updated version of the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV13_PCV15_PCV20) VIS.
  • VIS Document Barcode String 253088698300005911230512 was added for the updated version of the Hepatitis B Vaccine VIS.

However, the Multi Pediatric Vaccines VIS that is included in the Test Data for Test Step IZ-AD-5.1_Send_V04_Z22 is due to be updated in the next release of the NIST Immunization Test Suite. Until the updated release of the tool is published (which is currently anticipated to happen later this week), the tool will generate the error notification you indicated if your testing message for that Test Step includes the new VIS code 253088698300026411230724 for the Multi Pediatric Vaccines VIS, and this error notification may be ignored in that case.

Thank you for your patience.